BED BUG INJURY ATTORNEY
Beg bug infestations are a serious problem in Alabama. If you have been bitten by bed bugs in an apartment, hotel, motel, or another location, you may be able to recover for your injuries. Apart from allergic reactions and damage to the skin, injuries can cause long term insomnia, fear, anxiety, and other forms of mental and emotional anguish. We have successfully resolved bed bug claims against hotels, casinos, resorts, apartment buildings, camps, vacation rentals, rental furniture companies, mattress stores, pest control companies and other parties responsible for a bed bug infestation. If you have suffered bed bug bites at a hotel, motel or apartment, call us now. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
What to Do After a Bed Bug Attack
If you suspect you have received bed bug bites at a hotel or have an infestation in your apartment, you should immediately do the following:
- Report the incident to the manager of the hotel, motel or apartment. Obtain a copy of the report for your personal records.
- Seek medical attention for your bites.
- Gather evidence of the bed bugs. Take pictures and preserve one or two bugs in a plastic bag. Additionally, take pictures of any bites
- Keep track of all expenses related to the infestation.
- Contact the local county health department: Ask the local county health and sanitation department to visit the site and ask them for a copy of the report.
- Speak with a bed bug lawyer and seek legal consultation.
- Move to another hotel or motel, but before doing so you must place all of your clothing, suit cases and other belongings into sealed bags as the bed bugs will travel on your belongings. The bed bugs may have laid eggs on your clothing and these eggs are difficult to see with the naked eye. Additionally, bed bugs that are less than 4 weeks old are so small that you may have difficulty seeing them in or on your belongings. You should take pictures or video of any clothing and other items that you decide to discard or leave with the hotel.
- Do not provide any statements or speak with an insurance company or hotel/motel represen-tative before consulting with an attorney. Some hotels will try to get you to quickly sign a document which could eliminate your right to bring a claim for your damages. Do not sign any documents provided by management without first having an attorney review the docu-ments. Some hotels and motels are known for tricking guests into signing a release in ex-change for a either a refund, some free nights at the property and a minimal cash settlement.
- Create a daily journal. In the journal make sure to document all events and details surrounding the infestation. Keep detailed notes of the names of any person you speak with including the names of any managers, housekeepers, exterminatorsm, and doctors.
Common Injuries & Side Effects
Common injuries from bed bug bites include the following:
- Severe skin rashes
- Allergic reactions
- Mental anguish and psychological damage
- Permanent scarring
- Property damage/luggage
- Lost Wages
- Extermination Costs
Compensation Available for Victims of Bed Bug Bites
The types of recovery available for victims of bed bug infestations resulting in severe bites include:
- All medical and hospitalization costs – including future medical care to relieve keloid scarring caused by bites.
- Pain and suffering associated with injuries suffered – including Post Traumatic Stress, anxiety disorders and depression.
- Compensation for properly loss – including loss of clothing furniture and household items due to bed bug infestations.
- Recovery for lost time at work due to injuries and potential recovery for loss of future income due to long term and or permanent disabilities.
- Compensation for rent or hotel room costs incurred by victims.
The attorneys at the Ferguson & Ferguson represent injury victims of severe bed bug bite infestations due to the negligent and wrongful acts of hotel operators and apartment complex managers. If you have been a victim of a bed bug infestation that has resulted in physical injuries or psychological ailments, we encourage you to call one of our attorneys now. To speak to one of our attorneys, call 256-534-3435 now. All legal consultations regarding your bed bug injury claim are confidential and free of charge.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
401 Lee Street, Suite 607A
Decatur, AL 35601
Our personal injury attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama: