ONEONTA AUTO INJURY LAWYER
Car Accident Attorney in Oneonta AL
Oneonta accident lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson dedicate and focus their legal practice on individuals who have suffered serious personal injury and families of loved ones who have died as a result of another’s negligence. We handle all types of motor vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and pedestrian accidents, as well as accidents caused by defective products, slip and fall accidents and construction site accidents. Our attorneys specialize in complex injuries such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, burn injuries and all other serious and catastrophic injuries. Ferguson & Ferguson fights for people who have suffered serious personal injuries. Our team of Oneonta, Alabama accident attorneys prepare, research and investigate every case. Together, Oneonta injury attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have more than 40 years of collective experience. Our knowledge and experience result in the best possible outcome of our clients’ cases.
Oneonta car accidents and trucking accidents are common both on highways and on local city streets. Many of these accidents are caused by weather conditions, distracted drivers, speeding drivers, drunk drivers, fatigued drivers and aggressive drivers. Many of the product liability cases include automobiles, prescription drugs and defective products.
Causes of Auto Accidents in Oneonta
Thousands are injured each year in automobile accidents in Alabama. There are various causes of a Oneonta car crash including:
- Driver fatigue: Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sleep deprivation has an effect on driving similar to impaired driving. Slow reaction time, ability to make sound decisions and falling asleep behind the wheel are signs of sleep deprived driving.
- Weather and road conditions: The seasons bring challenges to roadways across the country. Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving. Additionally, poor road conditions contribute to accidents because drivers have less time to slow down to prevent a crash.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Alabama.
What to do After An Auto Accident
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- medical bills,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- rental car expenses,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced car accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your personal injury claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire Personal Injury Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- Locations near you
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
How We Can Help You
When you’ve been injured in an accident in Oneonta that was caused by another person’ or company’s negligent actions, you need an attorney you can trust to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. An experienced attorney can help you recover damages for your medical treatment, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other accident related expenses. Our Oneonta, Alabama personal injury, trucking, automobile attorneys are ready to work for you. You will be in good hands with our team of Alabama injury specialists.Our Oneonta accident law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1-800-752-1998.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
401 Lee Street, Suite 607A
Decatur, AL 35601
We can help no matter what city and town in the State of Alabama: