Ferguson & Ferguson
Attorneys at Law
Taxi cabs and Uber cars are a common sight in Huntsville, especially in and around the airport. Tourists, locals and people in town on business choose to take cabs and Uber cars so that they do not have to worry about driving in unfamiliar areas or after a night out drinking. Taxi driver’s income depends on taking on as many passenger fares as possible and that often means that speed takes precedence in their minds over safety. Unfortunately, sometimes taxis are involved in car accidents, and if you are a passenger during one of these, you need to understand your rights. The Huntsville car accident lawyers of Ferguson & Ferguson help victims of serious taxi cab accidents. We will help you determine who was at fault in your accident and will work tirelessly to obtain the settlement or verdict you need to cover the cost of your injuries. Call now for your no obligation, free consultation with one of our taxi accident attorneys. Call 256-534-3435.
What to do After a Taxi Accident in Huntsville
After a taxi accident, you should immediately do the following:
- Get the drivers license numbers and proof of insurance of all drivers involved in the collision.
- Write down the limo, shuttle or taxi cab driver’s name, the taxi registration number and the contact information of their employer.
- Take detailed photos of the accident scene and property damages with your camera or phone.
- Ask for the contact information of any witnesses at the accident. Their testimony may prove invaluable for establishing who was at fault.
- Call the police and be sure to request a copy of the officer’s accident report.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible; inform the doctor you’ve been in a vehicle accident as it may prompt tests for internal injuries.
- Set up a consultation with a taxi accident lawyer who can review your case, explain your rights and determine liability.
At Ferguson & Ferguson, we put you, our client, first. When you work with us, you will receive prompt, attentive service. We make ourselves available, 24/7, so you can reach out to us at any time with questions and concerns. If you have been injured in a taxi accident, we are here to help. Call 256-534-3435.
Our personal injury attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama.