Birmingham Car Accident Lawyers
Ferguson & Ferguson
Attorneys at Law
When you’ve been hurt in a Birmingham car accident, explosion, or fire, you need a Birmingham injury lawyer with experience—someone who’s been helping Alabama accident victims for more than 50 years. For a free, confidential consultation with no obligation, call us at (800)752-1998 or contact us using our case submission form. We are here to help.
Across our country someone is killed or injured in a trucking accident every 16 minutes. Birmingham car accidents and trucking accidents are common both on I-65, I-59 and on local city streets. In the city of Birmingham itself, Interstate 20-59 serves the downtown area with spur Interstate 459 carrying the bulk of traffic bypassing the city. The junction with Interstate 65 in the downtown area, known as ‘Malfunction Junction’ is one of the busiest in the entire state with travelers heading north to Huntsville, Alabama and Nashville, Tennessee. Approximately 10 miles east of the I-65 interchange, Interstate 59 and 20 go their separate ways, with I-59 reducing to four lanes from six despite becoming the main commuter route to Trussville, Alabama. Birmingham is right in the middle of one of the most traveled trucking corridors in the country. Many travelers and truckers from the north travel the corridor from Nashville through Birmingham, to south Alabama or into Florida, or the Nashville or Chattanooga route through Atlanta to the coast. Busy interstates in Birmingham and Atlanta process hundreds of thousands of vehicles per day, and see numerous catastrophic accidents each day. Interstate I-65 and I-59 are some of the busiest interstates in the country, and processes more than 100,000 vehicles each day in Birmingham. Many of these trucking, tractor trailer and semi accidents are caused by weather conditions, distracted drivers, speeding drivers, drunk drivers, fatigued drivers and aggressive drivers. Many of the automobiles accidents cause significant injuries or deaths.
Causes of Auto Accidents in Birmingham
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle and automobile accidents in Alabama. There are various causes of a Birmingham car crash including:
- Driver fatigue: Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sleep deprivation has an effect on driving similar to impaired driving. Slow reaction time, ability to make sound decisions and falling asleep behind the wheel are signs of sleep deprived driving.
- Weather and road conditions: The seasons bring challenges to roadways across the country. Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving. Additionally, poor road conditions contribute to accidents because drivers have less time to slow down to prevent a crash.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Alabama.
What to do After An Auto Accident
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- medical bills,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- rental car expenses,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced car accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your personal injury claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire Personal Injury Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- Locations near you
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
How We Can Help You
When you’ve been injured in an accident in Birmingham, Alabama that was caused by another person’ or company’s negligent actions, you need an accident attorney you can trust to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. An experienced trucking and automobile accident attorney can help you recover damages for your medical treatment, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other accident related expenses. The amount of money you are entitled to depends on the severity of the injury and how the injury occurred. At the Birmingham personal injury law firm of Ferguson & Ferguson, we are committed to helping our Birmingham clients navigate the complex personal injury litigation process. In every case, we seek to prevail for our clients by maximizing their compensation. This includes limiting our case load to a select few at any given time, so we can fully address all issues of a case. Our case results reflect this philosophy and the monetary recoveries we have obtained for our clients in the form of verdicts and settlements. An experienced trucking and automobile injury attorney can help you protect your rights and ensure all of the issues of your case are addressed. Ferguson & Ferguson are Birmingham lawyers who understand the types of compensation you may be entitled to for your injuries or a loved one’s wrongful death. We fight for our Birmingham clients rights’ and have successfully recovered millions of dollars in past cases. At Ferguson & Ferguson, we encourage potential clients and their loved ones to contact us soon after an accident. We offer a free consultation to all potential clients. In your case evaluation, an attorney will review the facts of your case, answer your legal questions and assess whether or not you have a valid claim for your injuries. Many of our clients contact on referral from friends and relatives. Our Birmingham, Alabama personal injury, trucking, automobile attorneys are ready to work for you. You will be in good hands with our team of Alabama injury specialists.Our Birmingham accident law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are unable to travel due to your injury, we can make arrangements to visit you at your home or hospital. Call 1-800-752-1998.