Ferguson & Ferguson
Attorneys at Law
Have you or someone that you love been injured in a crane accident that may have been caused by dangerous or unsafe working conditions? If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a crane accident, it is extremely important that you understand your rights and legal options. At the Huntsville law firm of Ferguson & Ferguson, we offer a no obligation, FREE CONSULTATION with one of our crane accident attorneys. If you are unable to come to our Decatur or Huntsville office, we also offer home and hospital room consultations. We also offer the only Lowest Fee Guarantee in Alabama. Call now. Call 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. We are here to help.
Causes of Crane Accidents in Alabama
Some of the leading causes of crane accidents in Alabama include:
- Cranes running into energized power lines
- Overturned cranes
- Loads dropping from cranes
- Boom collapses
- Crushing by the counterweight
- Damage from the hook-lifting device
- Falls from cranes
- Rigging failures or outrigger use issues
- The crane is not set up properly
- The crane is not operated within the design parameters set out by the manufacturer
- Crane selected for the job is not suited to the task
- Outriggers are improperly extended
- Pinch points are left unguarded
- Being run over or struck by a crane
- Improper safety inspections
- The area surrounding the crane operation is congested
Crane accident victims and their families have two primary sources of potential compensation. One option is to file a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ comp benefits are available to all employees for work-related injuries or deaths. You may also file a third party liability lawsuit if someone other than your employer or co-worker contributed to the accident.
Property owners, general contractors, sub-contractors, construction managers, construction companies and equipment manufacturers may all be liable for your crane accident. You may be entitled compensation for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, medical costs, disfigurement, lost income and future earnings. If you or a loved one has been involved in a crane accident at a construction site, contact Ferguson & Ferguson today. We offer free consultations and only get paid when we obtain a recovery for you. Call 256-534-3435 now. We are here to help.