HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN MADISON ALABAMA
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
A hit and run is an accident in which the driver intentionally leaves the scene without providing contact information. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a hit and run accident in Alabama, call 256-534-3435 To get a free consultation from a hit and run lawyer. For more than 50 years, the attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have represented victims of personal injury claims in Alabama. Our firm has the resources to properly investigate your case and find the driver responsible for your injuries and property damage. Our firm works on a contingency fee basis. Meaning we don’t get paid unless you get paid. Contact our team today for a free consultation. We are available to speak 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call now.
What To Do After A Hit And Run Accident
After a hit and run accident in Alabama, you may be eligible for compensation even if the driver is not found. Do the following:
- Taking note of the color and model of the vehicle
- Collecting information from witnesses
- Take Jotting down the license plate number
- Noting any identifying characteristics of the driver
- Take note of the direction that the car is going
- Call Ferguson & Ferguson
Mistakes Made After A Hit And Run And Run Accident
- Not filing an accident report with the police
- Failure to report the accident to your insurance company
- Not getting medical treatment
- Relying on your insurance company to help you
- Not hiring an attorney
Causes of Hit and Run Accidents
One study found an average of more than 100 motorists a month are killed in hit-and-run accidents. Over half of those were pedestrians. It is believed that as many as 1 in 5 deadly pedestrian accidents involves a hit-and-run driver.
The most common reasons driver leave the scene include:
- Driver was impaired, drowsy or distracted.
- Driver was unlicensed, suspended, revoked, or uninsured.
- Driver was an illegal immigrant or otherwise lacked legal status or had outstanding wants or warrants.
- Street racing, stolen vehicle.
- Aggressive driving.
- Youthful indecision.
- The driver hits a bicyclist
- The driver does not have insurance
- Driver is in trouble with the law
- Driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident
- On cell Phone
Compensation in a Hit-and-Run Car Accident
There are some types of losses that typically are compensated in hit and run accidents. These include:
- medical bills and expenses
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- permanent injury or disability
- lost wages
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
Why Hire Ferguson & Ferguson
If the hit-and-run driver that caused the accident is not found, you are likely to be left in the position of trying to obtain compensation you need from your own insurance company. If you were in your own car at the time of the accident, you will be seeking uninsured motorist compensation from your automobile insurance company. You will also be dealing with your health insurer to cover your medical bills. You may be attempting to obtain other types of compensation from your homeowner’s policy, depending on the terms and conditions of that insurance.
Determining what insurance coverage may be available to someone injured by a hit-and-run driver can be highly complicated. You need a qualified attorney with over 25 years of car accident and insurance experience
If you or someone you know is the victim of a hit and run accident, contact our Huntsville and Decatur, Alabama hit and run accident attorneys. Our attorneys have years of professional experience and have helped countless clients get the help they deserve. While most attorneys will do everything that they can to avoid the courtroom, we make it clear that we are not afraid to go there. To schedule your free consultation with an experienced hit and run accident lawyer, call our office at 256-534-3435 or contact us online. We handle all hit and run accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not take a fee until you receive compensation. You will not incur any legal fees or costs for our time and assistance.