AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Have you been injured in a auto accident in Huntsville, Alabama, caused by someone else’s negligence? Are the bills piling up, and the insurance company is giving you the run around? When you have been seriously injured in a auto accident, you need to call the attorney serious accident victims call when they have been injured. Randy W. Ferguson is Huntsville’s premier automobile accident lawyer. We offer no obligation, FREE CONSULTATIONS. Home and hospital visits are available if you are unable to come to our Huntsville office. Call now. Call 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. We are here to help.
Types of Car Accidents
There are numerous types of motor vehicle accidents. Our attorneys have the expertise to handle all types of auto accidents. Our firm has represented clients who have been involved in the following types of accidents:
- Rear-end collisions in which one car is struck by another in the back of the vehicle.
- Head-on collisions in which the front ends of both vehicles collide usually causing serious injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents usually cause severe injuries or death.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents usually involve very serious injuries or death.
- Side impact or T-bone collisions in which one vehicle is struck on either the driver or passenger side of the vehicle.
- Rollover accidents in which a vehicle flips or rolls over. Often SUVs or trucks.
- A single-vehicle accident in which A car strikes a ditch, car, tree or other object.
- Multi-carMulti-car pileup in which three or more vehicles are involved in the accident.
- Commercial vehicle accidents in which 18 wheelers and other large vehicles strike other vehicles.
- Construction zone accidents usually involve pedestrian workers.
- Dangerous road accidents.
- Delivery truck accidents.
- Elderly driver accidents.
- Emergency vehicle accidents.
- Intersection accidents.
Causes of Auto Accidents
Thousands are injured each year in automobile accidents in Huntsville, Alabama. There are various causes of auto crashes including:
- Driver fatigue
- Speeding: Almost 1/3 of all fatal car crashes in the U.S. are caused by excessive speeding.
- Weather and road conditions: Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving
- Failure to yield
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Disregarding traffic signs
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to stay in lane
- Failure to watch for motorcycles
- Failure to yield to pedestrians
- Following to close
- Improper passing
- Reckless driving
- Wrong way driving
- Texting and driving
- Drowsy driving
- Overweight trucking loads
- Defective vehicle parts
- Hazardous road conditions
- Confusing signs
- Construction zones
- Wet roads
- Road debris
- Icy or snowy roads
- Shoulder drop-offs
What to do After An Auto Accident
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- medical bills,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- rental car expenses,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
Hospitals Serving North Alabama
People who are injured and require emergency care in North Alabama have many choices when it comes to medical care. If you have suffered serious trauma in your auto accidents you will normally be transported to one of the following hospitals. If you are in either hospital recovering from your injuries, we are available 24-7 to discuss your case. In most instances you will receive at least four bills when you are transported to one of these hospitals. The hospital bill, radiology bill, emergency physician bill and the ambulance bill. If necessary, you may receive other treatment and bills from orthopeadic surgeons and other physicians. You may be worried about how you will pay your medical bills and monthly bills. If necessary, we can connect you to companies that do low interest loans to cover your living expenses and medical bills while you recover. Our injury attorneys can help guide you through the process of recovering for your injuries. The hospitals in North Alabama are:
- Decatur Morgan Hospital – Parkway Campus
1874 Beltline Rd. S.W.
Phone: (256) 973-2000
- Decatur Morgan Hospital – Decatur Campus
1201 7th St. S.E.
Decatur, Alabama 35601
Phone: (256) 341-2000
- Huntsville Hospital
101 Sivley Rd SW
Huntsville, Alabama 25801
Phone: (256) 265-1000
- Crestwood Medical Center
One Hospital Drive
Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone: (256) 429-4000
- Athens Limestone Hospital
700 Market St W
Athens, AL 35611
Phone: (256) 233-9292
- Cullman Regional Medical Center
Cullman, AL 35058
Phone: (256) 737-2000
- Madison Hospital
8375 Hwy 72 W
Madison, AL 35758
Phone: (256) 265-2012
- Highlands Medical Center
380 Woods Cove Rd
Scottsboro, AL 35768
Phone: (256) 259-4444
- Marshall Medical Center North
Guntersville, AL 35976
Phone: (256) 571-8000
- Marshall Medical Center South
Boaz, AL 35957
Phone: (256) 593-8310
- North Alabama Medical Center
1701 Veterans Dr
Florence, AL 35630
Phone: (256) 629-1000
- DeKalb Regional Medical Center
200 Medical Center Dr SW
Fort Payne, AL 35968
Phone: (256) 845-3150
- Helen Keller Hospital
1300 South Montgomery Avenue
Phone: (256) 386-4196
- Lawrence Medical Center
202 Hospital Street
Moulton, AL 35650
Phone: (256) 974-2200
- Gadsden Medical Center
1007 Goodyear Ave
Gadsden, AL 35903
Phone: (256) 494-4000
Automobile Accident Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is an experienced auto accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an automobile accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
You deserve the best auto accident lawyer you can hire. Don’t let an insurance company decide what your personal injury claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire Huntsville Auto Accident Attorneys (Abogados) Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- Locations near you
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
Insurance companies have adjusters, investigators, and attorneys working for them. Their goal is to limit the amount of money paid to auto accident victims like you. Insurance companies are not on your side. Don’t make their job easier by providing them with information that they can use or manipulate to deny your claim. Make sure you have the best auto accident attorney you can hire on your side to aggressively protect your interests.
Auto Accident FAQ
Q&A With a Alabama Automobile Accident Attorney
After an auto accident, you often have questions. Our goal is to make you better understand your rights. After reading the below FAQ, we encourage you to give us a call. We are here to help.
What are my rights if another driver caused my accident and injuries?
Under Alabama law, you have a right to recover for your property damage and your personal injury damage. Under most circumstances, your case can be settled without filing a lawsuit.
How much is my claim worth?
This is the most common question we receive at our initial free consultations. It all depends on your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, available insurance coverage and your attorney. Our goal is to get you the maximum compensation possible in your case.
Should I settle with the insurance company?
Insurance companies are not in the business of paying out money. They like to take your money, but not pay it out. Their goal is to pay you nothing or as little as possible. You should always talk to an attorney before settling any auto accident case.
How long do I have to file a claim after a auto accident accident?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Alabama is two years from the date of the incident. The statute of limitations is different for minors. If you don’t settle or file before two years, your case is gone forever.
Free Case Review
Making the decision to hire a auto accident lawyer is an important choice that takes careful consideration. If you need a automobile accident lawyer, you need to hire the best auto accident lawyer you can hire, Call or email us today. Our consultations are free. We can visit you or your loved one at a hospital, residence, or workplace. Some lawyers, due to their lack of skill or resources, may not pursue all claims and compensation available to you. If you have been a victim of an automobile accident in Huntsville, Decatur, Athens, Cullman or Scottsboro, Alabama, do not hesitate to call our skilled and experienced personal injury attorneys for a free assessment of your situation. Call now 256-350-7200 or 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street NE
Decatur, AL 35601
Our auto accident attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama.