SIDE IMPACT ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN HUNTSVILLE AND DECATUR AL
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Side impact car accidents kill between 8,000 and 10,000 people each year, more than rear-end and head-on collisions combined. These accidents are often called t-bone accidents, sideswipe accidents or side impact accidents. No matter if the other car hit your car, or cut in front of you so that you hit them, without independent witnesses, you can expect the other driver to claim that he or she had the right of way and that you were at fault. If you have been in a side impact accident, call the police, get contact information from anybody who witnessed the accident, do not admit liability to the other driver, and take pictures of the scene and damage. Immediately get needed medical treatment, and call Ferguson & Ferguson at 256-534-3435. We can help.
Side Impact Statistics
Did you know the following about side impact accident:
- Over 3 million side impact crashes occur each year in the United States
- Side impact collisions are more deadly than front/rear impact accidents
- The passenger or driver of a vehicle struck on the side will suffer more serious injuries
- Over 9,000 deaths occur each year from t-bone, sideswipe and side impact collisions
- In a side impact collision with an SUV, truck or van, the struck driver/passenger is 30 times more likely to die than the other driver
- Children and the elderly are at the highest risk of injury in a side impact accident
Causes of Side Impact Accidents
There are many different causes of side impact collisions, including the following:
- Not stopping at a four-way intersection including running a red light and rolling through a stop sign.
- Not yielding to another car.
- Turning across traffic lanes or driving into oncoming traffic when turning left.
- Reckless or aggressive driving.
- Driving while drunk or impaired.
- Distracted driving like talking on the phone, eating or texting and driving.
- Equipment failure.
- Running red light.
- Brakes and steering failure.
- Bad weather that interferes with your driving ability and/or visibility.
Damages and Injuries From Side Impact Accidents
When a car is t-boned, there’s only a door and a window between them and the other vehicle. Since there is little protection for the driver or the passenger, there can be significant injuries or even death. Damages available to a personal injury plaintiff include economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages can include medical bills, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, household services, and vocational rehabilitation. Noneconomic damages may include pain and suffering, disfigurement and loss of consortium. If you have been involved in a side impact accident in Huntsville or Decatur, Alabama, you could sustain the following injuries:
- Concussion and other traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts from shattered glass
- Breakage of bones
- Internal injuries
- Crushed torso
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Limb injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Why Hire an Attorney?
If you, a family member or friend have been injured or killed in an accident in Alabama, we invite you to call us today. We can meet with you in your home, in the hospital or at our office. If you have been injured in an accident involving any type of side collision, give the experienced Alabama personal injury lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson a call today at (256)534-3435 for a free no obligation consultation. We are to help you through this difficult time.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street
Decatur, AL 35601