CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER DECATUR ALABAMA
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Have you been injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence? Are the bills piling up, and the insurance company is giving you the run around? Are you looking for the best car accident lawyer you can hire? When you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you need to call the top rated car accident attorney serious accident victims call when they have been injured. Randy W. Ferguson is Huntsville’s premier car accident lawyer. We offer no obligation, FREE CONSULTATIONS. We also have a LOWEST FEE GUARANTEE. Home and hospital visits are available if you are unable to come to our Huntsville office. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help you.
Types of Car Accidents
There are numerous types of motor vehicle accidents. Our attorneys have the expertise to handle all types car accidents. Our firm has represented clients who have been involved in the following types of accidents:
- Rear-end collisions in which one car is struck by another in the back of the vehicle.
- Head-on collisions in which the front ends of both vehicles collide usually causing serious injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents usually cause severe injuries or death.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents usually involve very serious injuries or death.
- Side impact or T-bone collisions in which one vehicle is struck on either the driver or passenger side of the vehicle.
- Rollover accidents in which a vehicle flips or rolls over. Often SUVs or trucks.
- A single-vehicle accident in which A car strikes a ditch, car, tree or other object.
- Multi-carMulti-car pileup in which three or more vehicles are involved in the accident.
- Commercial vehicle accidents in which 18 wheelers and other large vehicles strike other vehicles.
Our firm has been handling the most difficult types of motor vehicles accidents for over 30 years. We can get you the compensation you deserve.
Drive Safe Alabama shared the following statistics from 2017 about traffic accidents in Alabama.
- A traffic crash was reported every 200 seconds.
- A person was injured in a traffic crash every 11 minutes and 2 seconds.
- A texting driver is 23 times more likely to get into a crash than a non-texting driver.
- Most crashes occur in urban areas, while most fatalities occur in rural areas.
- 50% of all fatal crashes in 2016 occurred at night.
- The state had a higher 2016 crash fatality rate than the national rate of traffic-related deaths; and
- Nearly 60 percent of crashes involved people who did not use their safety restraints despite availability;
Causes of Car Accidents
Thousands are injured each year in car accidents in Huntsville, Alabama. There are various causes of a car crashes including:
- Driver fatigue
- Speeding: Almost 1/3 of all fatal car crashes in the U.S. are caused by excessive speeding.
- Weather and road conditions: Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving
- Failure to yield
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Disregarding traffic signs
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to stay in lane
- Failure to watch for motorcycles
- Failure to yield to pedestrians
- Following to close
- Improper passing
- Reckless driving
- Wrong way driving
- Texting and driving
- Drowsy driving
- Overweight trucking loads
- Defective vehicle parts
- Hazardous road conditions
- Confusing signs
- Construction zones
- Wet roads
- Road debris
- Icy or snowy roads
- Shoulder drop-offs
Dangerous Roads in Alabama
Accidents can occur anywhere, including parking lots, on the highway, or even in your own driveway. The
most dangerous roads in Alabama include the following:
- Beltline Road in Decatur, Alabama;
- Highway 431;
- 6th Avenue in Decatur, Alabama;
- Interstate 85;
- Interstate 20;
- Interstate 65;
- University and the Parkway Huntsville;
What to do After A Car Accident
After a car accident, you are often confused and unsure of what to say or do. Always remain at the scene until you can speak with the other party involved if you can. Never admit you were at fault and do the following:
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or state trooper, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the car accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- If you have a dashcam installed by a company like BlackBoxMyCar, recover any footage that documents the accident.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses. If you car is written off from an accident, you may have to fork out a lot for a new car, so looking for a Used Car Dealer may be your best option.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- All medical bills, including doctor’s visits, surgery and therapy,
- Future medical bills including long term care,
- mileage driven to all medical providers,
- rental car expenses,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
What are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
More than half of all accidents in in Alabama result in an injury to the driver or his or her passengers. If you or a loved one sustain injuries in a car accident in Alabama, you and your loved ones have a right to be compensated for your injuries. Many of the injuries we see include the following:
- Burn injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Broken bones
- Eye injury
- Seatbelt injuries
- Chest injury
- Degloving injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Wrongful death
- Soft tissue injuries
- Hip injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Strained ligaments
- Back muscle sprains
- Scrapes and Cuts
- Broken ribs
- Internal injuries
- Jaw injuries
- Loss of teeth
- Neck injuries
- Crushed larynx
- Crushed trachea
- Broken neck
- Pelvic injuries
- Penetration injuries
Damages You Can Recover
An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
When it comes to finding the best insurance plan for your vehicle, it is important that you find the best coverage for your needs. It could be beneficial to you that when you’re researching for an insurance company, that you compare deals as you could come away with a cheap quote all whilst having that protection. It’s a win-win.
If you were the victim of a crash, then you could be entitled to even more money – so contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
How Much Money Can I Recover
The amount of money you can recover in a car accident depends on a number of different factors including the following:
- Cost of your medical treatment
- Wages you lost because of the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Insurance of liable party
- Your own uninsured/underinsured insurance
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Alabama?
In Alabama, there is a general two-year statute of limitations. This means that you have two years from the time of the car accident to file a lawsuit, or your case is gone forever. The statute is different if you are a minor. Even if you think the deadline to file your case might have passed, there may be other ways to extend the deadline. Talk to an attorney as soon as you can to preserve your claim.
Why Hire Car Accident Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- We identify the party responsible for your injuries.
- We obtain your medical records and bills.
- We can help with financial assistance.
- We will help you get necessary medical treatment.
- We get your bills paid, reduced and/or eliminated.
- Free phone consultation 24/7.
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays.
- Two locations near you.
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of our most frequently asked questions:
Do I need a lawyer after a car accident?
In a car accident case, you are dealing with a team of insurance adjusters and attorneys. There job is to pay you as little as possible. Contact an experienced car accident attorney who will give you a free consultation.
Should I accept a settlement?
If you are injured, you should never accept a settlement from an insurance company before talking to an attorney. Insurance companies try to pay out as little money as possible in every case. An attorney can usually get you a much bigger settlement.
What injuries are most common from car accidents?
People injured in car accidents in Alabama often sustain cuts, broken bones and soft tissue injuries. Other common injuries from car wrecks can include neck injuries, herniated discs, head injuries and brain injuries.
How much does a car accident lawyer cost?
We never charge a fee up front. We only get paid if we win your case. All consultations are free.
How much time do I have after my car accident to file a lawsuit?
Two years in Alabama, unless you are a minor.
What should I do after my accident?
Call the police and do a report. Notify your insurance company. Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries. Get medical treatment. Call our office.
Every insurance company has adjusters, investigators, and attorneys assigned to auto accident claims. Their primary goal is to limit the amount of compensation the insurance company pays to car accident victims like you. Insurance companies are not the friends of injured claimants. Don’t make their job easier by providing them with information that they can use or manipulate to deny your claim. Make sure you have the best Huntsville car accident lawyer you can hire on your side to aggressively protect your interests.
Free Case Review
Have you been injured in a car accident and need help from an experienced car accident attorney? Our experienced lawyers are here to provide you with a free, no-obligation case consultation at your convenience Making the decision to hire a car accident lawyer is an important choice that takes careful consideration. If you need a car accident lawyer in Huntsville, AL, call or email us today. Our consultations are free. We can visit you or your loved one at a hospital, residence, or workplace. Some car accident lawyers, due to their lack of skill or resources, may not pursue all claims and compensation available to you. If you have been a victim of a car accident, do not hesitate to call our skilled and experienced car accident attorneys in Huntsville, AL for a free assessment of your situation. Call now 1-800-752-1998 or 256-534-3435.
Other Alabama Cities We Serve
- Best Albertville Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Arab Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Cullman Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Decatur Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Athens Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Birmingham Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Boaz Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Chattanooga Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Florence Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Fort Payne Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Gadsden Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Guntersville Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Hartselle Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Mobile Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Nashville Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Scottsboro Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Talladega Car Accident Lawyer
- Best Tuscaloosa Car Accident Lawyer