DECATUR AL SLIP & FALL ATTORNEY
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Have you been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence? These cases are often referred to as premises liability cases. Are the bills piling up and the insurance company is giving you the run around? When you’ve been hurt on another person’s property, it can be unclear who is responsible for the injuries you’ve suffered and who should pay the medical expenses you’ve incurred. At Ferguson & Ferguson, we know that after an accident, you have a lot of questions, and our Huntsville and Decatur slip and fall lawyers are here to answer them for you. We’ve been helping injured victims in Alabama for over 23 years. We have the knowledge and experience to win your slip and fall case. Call now for your no obligation, Free Consultation with one of our premises liability attorneys. If you are unable to come to our office, we can visit you at your home or hospital room. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
What to do after a Slip & Fall
If you are involved in a slip & fall or trip & fall in Alabama, you should:
- Call for help and notify authorities
- Do not make any detailed statements concerning accident
- Get names of owners and managers of property
- Get names and phone numbers of witnesses
- Take good pictures of clothes, scene and injuries
- Save shoes and clothing
- Seek immediate medical attention if injured
- Call an experienced Alabama slip-and-fall attorney
- Do not give recorded statements to insurance adjusters.
- Keep a diary of all of the information
Who is Responsible in a Alabama Premises Liability Case?
In Alabama, merely owning or occupying land does not make that person liable for injuries sustained on the property. There must be some form of negligence on the part of the owner or occupier of property before there can be any premises liability. Accidents happen at hotels, malls, restaurants, grocery stores and other locations. The property owners, managers and operators may be liable for your slip and fall. A knowledgeable Alabama slip and fall attorney can determine who is at fault in a slip and fall accident. In order for a slip and fall victim to hold a property owner or operator liable in Alabama for an incident, the accident victim will have to prove one of the following in a premises liability case:
- That the Alabama property owner or employee caused or was responsible for the unsafe condition and the subsequent slip and fall accident (by spilling something, for example, and not cleaning it up)
- That the Alabama property owner was aware of the dangerous condition of the property but did not try to correct it (actual notice-knew someone else spilled water on floor and owner did not post a warning sign, etc.)
- That the Alabama property owner knew or should have known about the danger, since a reasonable person would have found the problem and taken steps to prevent injuries caused by the slip and fall accident (constructive notice-This is the most common situation, as it is not clearly defined and is determined based on common sense).
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Alabama?
Dangerous conditions that cause slip and fall accidents frequently result from poor design or improper maintenance. Other hazards are created by the presence of slippery surfaces and substances, such as areas with food spillage or water leakage. Slip and falls are usually caused by one of the following:
- Wet, Slippery, or slick floors
- Poor lighting
- Water, ice or snow
- Uneven floors, pavement or surfaces
- Cracks in sidewalk or flooring
- Debris or objects in aisles
- Loose carpeting
- Faulty handrails
- Not paying attention
- Flip flops or sandals.
Types of Injuries Caused by Slip and Falls
- Broken bones and fracture: The most common injuries in fall cases are broken arms, wrists, knees and ankles. These injuries often require a significant time for recovery.
- Brain injuries: Head trauma can result in a significant brain injury.
- Spinal cord injuries: Falls often cause serious disc and vertebrae injuries especially in older individuals.
- Neck, back and shoulder injuries
- Knee, foot and ankle injuries
Damages You Can Recover in Fall Cases
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced slip and fall accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. A company that causes you injuries may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Future Medicals
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Loss of earning capacity damages
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your car accident claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Are Landlords Liable for Injuries In Alabama?</strong >
Is a landlord liable for a tenant’s injuries? Just because a tenant was injured in a rental property does not necessarily mean that the landlord is liable. Landlords can be liable for faulty handrails, defective stairs or criminal acts of third parties under certain circumstances. For instance, defective security gates, missing deadbolts and window locks. One of the most common landlord cases is poorly lit parking lots and walkways. Landlords can also be liable for toxic mold, lead paint, defective roofs, unsafe floors, missing fire extinguishers and smoke detectors and unsafe wiring.
Why Hire Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each accident client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- We identify the party responsible for your injury.
- We obtain your medical documents.
- We can help with financial assistance.
- We will help you get medical treatment.
- Your bills get paid, reduced or eliminated.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays.
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays.
- Locations near you.
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
Serving all of Alabama
We have offices conveniently located in downtown Huntsville and Decatur Alabama. An attorney can meet with you at our Decatur or Huntsville office locations or arrange to meet you at your home or hospital, or any other convenient location. If you need a slip and fall lawyer in Huntsville, Decatur, Cullman or Athens, Alabama, call us today. Call now.
If you or a someone close to you have suffered serious injuries in a slip and fall accident, or if you have questions about your legal rights following a slip and fall accident, a Alabama premises liability lawyer at Ferguson & Ferguson can help you determine if you have a case. At Ferguson & Ferguson, we handle all of our premises liability cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing unless we win your case. Call now for your free consultation and to speak directly with a lawyer about your case. Call us anytime at 256-350-7200. Call now.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street
Decatur, AL 35601
Our slip and fall accident attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama.