AMBULANCE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Serving Accident Victims Statewide
Firetruck and Police Car Accident Lawyers
Hundreds of ambulances, police cars and fire trucks rush to scenes of emergencies to rescue victims of car accidents, fires, and medical emergencies every day in Alabama. One does not expect to be involved in an accident with an emergency response vehicle such as an ambulance. Ambulance and emergency vehicle drivers often speed and drive recklessly trying to get to a call or get a passenger to the hospital for emergency care. We all admire emergency responders and count on them to provide us with their service when an accident or other life-threatening situation is taking place. Unfortunately many fire trucks and ambulance are involved on major collisions in rout resulting in severe injuries to bystanders, pedestrians, drivers and passengers of other vehicles. Emergency personnel are restricted by certain laws and requirements when moving through traffic, as are all drivers. When these are violated, accidents occur and the injuries can be extremely severe as a result. If you have been hurt by a fire truck, police car or an ambulance, you may have a claim for compensation for your injuries. We offer no obligation, FREE CONSULTATIONS. We also have a LOWEST FEE GUARANTEE. Home and hospital visits are available if you are unable to come to our Huntsville or Decatur office. Call now. Call 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. We are here to help.
Damages You Can Recover
If the negligent party is held liable for an ambulance accident then you are entitled to recovery for all your damages including:
- Past and future medical expenses, like those related to emergency care, surgery, hospitalizations, doctors’ visits and medications
- Past and future lost earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (in some cases).
Causes of Ambulance Collisions
An independent study conducted on characteristics of ambulance crash circumstances highlighted some of the most common factors that contributed to thousands of ambulance accidents over the years. They include:
- Inadequate screening of vehicle operators. History of reckless driving and/or violating traffic laws.
- Poor knowledge of driving laws
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Use of drugs or alcohol
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Poor visibility
- Failure to properly train drivers or equip them with the necessary safety equipment.
- Mistreatment of patients or passengers
- Improper loading of wheelchairs or stretcher
- Wheelchair, passenger, or stretcher not loaded correctly
- Passengers have been left unattended
Ambulance Accident Statistics
- There are about 4,500 ambulance accidents. At least 30 of these crashes cause fatal injuries.
- Nearly 9 out of every 10 ambulance crashes involve at least one other vehicle (i.e., a vehicle other than the ambulance).
- Close to half of all ambulance crashes happen when the vehicle is in emergency use (i.e., when lights and sirens are activated).
- At least half of all injury-related ambulance crashes harm those who are not inside the ambulance (i.e., other motorists, passengers and travelers sharing the road with the ambulance).
Air Ambulance Accidents
Our office also handles air ambulance accident cases arising from:
- Pilot error
- Improper management by the air ambulance operator
- Mechanical and maintenance problems
- Improper pilot certification
Types of Injuries from Ambulance Accidents
The following are some of the most common injuries associated with Alabama ambulance, firetruck and police car accidents:
- Broken jaw
- Crushed bones
- Facial disfigurement
- Herniated discs
- Loss of limb, or amputation
- Passenger ejection
- Severe head trauma
- Spinal trauma
- Damage to internal organs
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Seatbelt injuries
Why Hire Ferguson & Ferguson
When drivers of emergency vehicles fail to take safety measures, and you or a loved one is injured or killed as a result, you have the right to hold them responsible and receive compensation. With more than 50 years of combined experience, the lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson are here to help. After an accident, the responsible party’s insurance adjusters may try to deny your claim or reduce the claim amount. If you were involved in an ambulance accident as another driver, a pedestrian, bicyclist, motorcycle rider or a passenger on the ambulance, there are a number of parties you can to seek recovery of the damages. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you. Call 256-534-3435 We can help. We have offices in Decatur and Huntsville and serve the following areas: