Decatur AL Pharmacy Malpractice Lawyers
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Pharmacy malpractice is considered a form of medical malpractice and is caused by pharmacists, or pharmacy technicians, failing to competently perform their medical duties. After experiencing this, many will turn to an online Canadian Pharmacy to help maintain quality of items and service. For those who don’t, they have to stay wary, as this can sometimes happen as a result of miscommunication between them and the healthcare practices that have created the prescriptions, which is why there is a call for pharmaceutical dispensing to be carried out in the practices going forwards. Currently, pharmacies fill millions of prescriptions on an annual basis. When errors occur, the consequences can be severe and can include poisoning, overdose and even death. If you have been injured by a pharmacy error, call for your no obligation, FREE CONSULTATION with one of our personal injury attorneys. If you are unable to come to our Decatur or Huntsville office, we also offer home and hospital room consultations. Call now. Call 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. We can help.
Pharmacy Error Statistics
- Up to 1.5 million Americans suffer adverse health consequences due to pharmacy medication errors each year (Institute of Medicine).
- About 7,000 deaths occur each year from incorrect prescriptions across the nation (Institute of Medicine).
- Dispensing errors occur at a rate of four errors per day in a pharmacy filling 250 or more prescriptions daily (Journal of the American Pharmaceutical Association).
- 2,588 malpractice reports were made against pharmacists and pharmacy assistants in the U.S. from 1990-2003 (National Practitioner Data Bank).
Types of Medication Errors
There are many different types of medication error including the following:/p>
- Wrong Drug
- Strength of Drug
- Wrong Dose of Drug
- Wrong Patient Given a Drug
- Wrong Form of Drug
- Improper Drug Instructions
- Failure to Warn about Drug’s Side Effects
- Failure to Counsel and Warn Patient
- Giving One Patient Another patient’s Medicine
- Dangerous and Improper Directions for taking a Medication
- Allergic Reaction
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
A variety of injuries can occur as the result of pharmacy malpractice. These injuries can be evident immediately, or they may take years to show. Some serious medication injuries include:
- Extreme illness
- Allergic reactions
- Organ failure
If you or a loved one have been injured due to pharmacy error, contact Randy W. Ferguson now. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call 256-534-3435 now. We can help.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street NE
Decatur, AL 35601