DECATUR AL DISTRACTED DRIVING CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Distracted driving results in thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of injuries every single year. According to a NHTSA study, approximately 660,000 drivers operate cellphones or other electronic devices while driving. Drivers under the age of 20 make up the greatest percentage of distracted drivers. The attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for people who have been injured in car accidents, including ones caused by distracted driving. If a distracted driver caused an accident that harmed you or someone you love, our law firm can help you secure the maximum compensation you deserve in your case. Call now for your no-obligation free consultation with one of our car accident attorneys. Call 256-534-3435.
Distracted Driver Statistics
Did you know that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that pproximately 10 percent of all injuries and fatalities are caused by distracted drivers.
- More than 25 percent of all deadly crashes caused by distracted drivers
involve drivers between the ages of 20 and 29.
- Approximately ten percent of all deadly crashes are caused by teenage
- over 500 pedestrians, cyclists and other non-motorists are killed in crashes
involving distracted drivers each year.
- Around 400,000 people are injured each year in crashes involving distracted drivers.
- Over 3,000 people are killed each year in crashes involving distracted drivers.
Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents
Any activity that diverts the driver’s attention while operating a motor vehicle amounts to distracted driving. Some of the most common – and dangerous – distractions include:
- Text messaging
- Eating or drinking
- Talking on a cell phone
- Checking social media
- Navigation systems
- Animals in your car
- Tuning the radio, CD player or iPod
- Talking with other passengers or tending to children
- Personal grooming tasks such as shaving, putting on makeup and brushing hair
- Eating and drinking
- Reading maps, newspapers or other printed materials
- Picking up dropped objects from the floor
- Looking away from the road
Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving is the major cause in a wide variety of different types of auto accidents in Alabama. Some of the different types of auto accidents that are commonly the result of distracted driving behavior:
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Rear-ended Accidents
- Head on Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Bus and Train Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
Contact an Alabama Distracted Driving Attorney Today
The personal injury lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson represent people injured by distracted drivers. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a wreck caused by a distracted driver, we can help. Call the Alabama distracted driving accident attorneys at 256-534-3435 or fill out our online contact form for a free case evaluation. We represent victims of distracted driving accidents in all counties in Alabama and the Southeast.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street NE
Decatur, AL 35601