ATLANTA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
The Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson dedicate and focus their legal practice on individuals who have suffered serious personal injury and families of loved ones who have died as a result of another’s negligence. Our primary focus is handling serious motorcycle accidents. Our Atlanta motorcycle accident attorneys specialize in complex injuries such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and all other serious and catastrophic injuries caused by truck and motorcycle accidents. Ferguson & Ferguson fights for people who have suffered serious personal injuries in motorcycle accidents. Our team of Atlanta motorcycle accident attorneys prepare, research and investigate every case. Together, Atlanta trucking and motorcycle injury attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have more than 45 years of collective experience. Our knowledge and experience of motorcycle and trucking laws result in the best possible outcome of our clients’ cases. Call 256-534-3435.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Atlanta GA
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle accidents in Georgia. There are various causes of a Atlanta motorcycle crash including:
- Driver fatigue: Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue.
- Weather and road conditions: The seasons bring challenges to roadways across the country. Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving. Additionally, poor road conditions contribute to accidents because drivers have less time to slow down to prevent a crash.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Georgia.
- Accidents caused by drivers who are speeding and who lose control of their vehicle or who are unable to stop in time before hitting a motorcyclist
- Accidents resulting from drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way to motorcycle riders when the rules of the road require him or her to yield
- Motorcycle crashes resulting from drivers who misjudge the speed of a motorcycle rider or who do not accurately judge the distance between their car and the motorcycle
- Crashes caused by drivers who don’t see a motorcycle rider
- Not checking blind spots when changing lanes
- Failing to yield to a motorcycle when moving through an intersection
- Not watching for motorcyclists when entering the roadway
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Not using turn signals
- Accidents caused by tailgating drivers
- Defects in the motorcycle itself
- Driver error
- High blood alcohol levels are a major problem among motorcycle operators.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Cases
The most common types of motorcycle accidents include:
- Left-turn crashes.
- Rear-end crashe.
- Car-door accidents.
- Lane-change accidents.
What to do After A Atlanta Motorcycle Accident
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- rental car expenses,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- medical bills,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles don’t offer the protection of a passenger vehicle, when an accident occurs, the results are usually extremely severe. Without any protection aside from a helmet and other safety gear, motorcyclists are especially at risk and more vulnerable to serious, life-threatening injuries, such as extensive head injuries, concussions, and more. As a result, motorcycle accidents lead to double the amount of severe injuries and fatalities than any other type of vehicle-related accident. In fact, motorcycle accidents lead in numbers as the most prevalent cause of fatal accidents on the road in the United States.
When a motorcycle accident occurs and results in serious injuries, the victim almost always has to go through extensive medical treatments and procedures. Most Atlanta motorcycle accident victims suffer from head injuries, which in turn can be extremely costly and time-consuming. If brain damage occurs as well, the victim’s life may altered in a significant way.
Other common injuries stemming from motorcycle accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe bruising
- Severe lacerations
- Road rash
- Loss of a limb
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries in the neck
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced motorcycle accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Wages
- Surgery Bills
- Ambulance Bills
- Prescription drugs
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Mobility devices, such as canes or crutches
- Hospital and doctor bills
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Psychological damages
- Permanent injury and disability
- Living expenses while you recover
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner he or she can go to work for you to investigate your accident and pursue the compensation you may be entitled. The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- Locations near you.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
How We Can Help You
A motorcyle or trucking accident that results in serious injury or devastating loss has the potential to change your future forever, physically, financially, and emotionally. When you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta, Georgia that was caused by another person’ or company’s negligent actions, you need an accident attorney you can trust to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Not all Georgia motorcycle injury law firms are equal. The law firm that you hire for your serious injury or wrongful death claim will determine the results you achieve for your case. We fight for our Atlanta clients rights’ and have successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars in past cases. Many of our clients contact on referral from friends and relatives. Our Atlanta, Georgia personal injury, motorcycle, trucking, automobile attorneys are ready to work for you. You will be in good hands with our team of trucking injury specialists.Our Atlanta accident lawyers are available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are unable to travel due to your injury, we can make arrangements to visit you at your home or hospital. Call now. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street NE
Decatur, AL 35601
We can help no matter what city and town in the State of Georgia: