BIRMINGHAM AL MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in Birmingham, Alabama? Regardless of whether it was a minor bike accident or major motorcycle crash, attorney Randy W. Ferguson is your best resource to ensure you are being protected and that you are getting the best compensation possible for your accident. Motorcycle accident lawyer Randy W. Ferguson, has been the preferred motorcycle personal injury attorney serving the motorcycling community in Alabama since 1993. Over 5,000 workers, individuals, and families from across Alabama have turned to the trusted attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson to represent them after being seriously injured in motorcycle, truck and bus accidents. We are lawyers who specialize in motorcycle injury cases. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Birmingham, Alabama, call now. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Birmingham AL
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle accidents in Alabama. There are various causes of a Birmingham motorcycle crash including:
- Driver fatigue: Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue.
- Weather and road conditions: The seasons bring challenges to roadways across the country.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Alabama.
- Accidents caused by drivers who are speeding and who lose control of their vehicle or who are unable to stop in time before hitting a motorcyclist
- Accidents resulting from drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way to motorcycle riders when the rules of the road require him or her to yield
- Motorcycle crashes resulting from drivers who misjudge the speed of a motorcycle rider or who do not accurately judge the distance between their car and the motorcycle
- Crashes caused by drivers who don’t see a motorcycle rider
- Accidents caused by tailgating drivers
- Defects in the motorcycle itself
- Driver error
- High speed or wheel wobble accidents
- Faulty repair work on your motorcycle
- High blood alcohol levels are a major problem among motorcycle operators.
What to do After A Birmingham Motorcycle Accident
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Be aware of what you post on social media.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- rental car expenses,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- medical bills,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Bike crash injuries are often more severe than accidents involving only passenger cars because motorcycles provide no protection from impact and motorcycle riders are routinely thrown from their bikes in a crash. Without any protection aside from a helmet and other safety gear, motorcyclists are especially at risk and more vulnerable to serious, life-threatening injuries, such as extensive head injuries, concussions, and more. As a result, motorcycle accidents lead to double the amount of severe injuries and fatalities than any other type of vehicle-related accident. In fact, motorcycle accidents lead in numbers as the most prevalent cause of fatal accidents on the road in the United States.
When a motorcycle accident occurs and results in serious injuries, the victim almost always has to go through extensive medical treatments and procedures. Most Birmingham motorcycle accident victims suffer from head injuries, which in turn can be extremely costly and time-consuming. If brain damage occurs as well, the victim’s life may altered in a significant way.
Other common injuries stemming from motorcycle accidents include:
- Road rash
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Psychological trauma
- Pelvic damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck and back injury
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced motorcycle accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Expenses relating to making your home handicap accessible
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
What separates the lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson from other Alabama law firms? Our commitment to our clients and the results that we’ve achieved on their behalf. We take all cases on a contingency fee, meaning we cover all expenses and you only pay if we win your case. The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- Locations near you.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
How We Can Help You
An insurance adjuster will tell you that you don’t need a lawyer. Most people have no idea the value of their case—and the adjuster will be quick to take advantage. Don’t rely on insurance companies to treat you fairly. Take control of your motorcycle accident to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. With an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer handling your lawsuit, you stand a much better chance of being fairly compensated for your injuries. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact Randy W. Ferguson today to schedule a free consultation.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you already know that it can have life-changing consequences and far-reaching effects. At the Birmingham motorcycle injury law firm of Ferguson & Ferguson, we are committed to helping our Birmingham clients navigate the complex personal injury litigation process. In every motorcycle case, we seek to prevail for our clients by maximizing their compensation. This includes limiting our motorcycle accident case load to a select few at any given time, so we can fully address all issues of a case. We fight for our Birmingham clients rights’ and have successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars in past cases. At Ferguson & Ferguson, we encourage potential clients and their loved ones to contact us soon after an accident. We offer a free consultation to all potential clients. Our Birmingham, Alabama motorcycle attorneys are ready to work for you. Our Birmingham accident law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are unable to travel due to your injury, we can make arrangements to visit you at your home or hospital. Call now. Call 256-534-3435.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street
Decatur, AL 35601
We can help no matter what city and town in the State of Alabama: