DECATUR AL MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Ferguson & Ferguson fights for people who have suffered serious personal injuries in Decatur, Alabama motorcycle accidents. When you hire a Decatur motorcycle injury lawyer at Ferguson & Ferguson, we thoroughly prepare to take your case to court – never counting on a favorable settlement that may never happen. Together, Decatur motorcycle injury attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have more than 50 years of collective experience. We offer no obligation, FREE CONSULTATIONS to all motorcycle accident victims. If you are unable to come to our office, we can visit you at your home or hospital room. Call now. Call 256-350-7200 We are here to help.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Decatur AL
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle accidents in Alabama. There are various causes of a Decatur, Alabama motorcycle crash including:
- Driver fatigue
- Weather and road conditions
- Driver distractions (passengers, cell phones, satellite radio)
- Tire Blowout
- Bike Defects
- Hit and Runs
- Slippery Roads
- Drunk Driving
- Breaking traffic laws
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Racing others on the road
What to do After A Decatur Alabama Motorcycle Accident
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you should do the following:
- Call 911
- Make sure everyone is okay
- Name and contact information of the liable driver and his or her insurance company information
- Copy of the victim’s insurance policy for your lawyer
- Witnesses names, phone numbers and addresses
- Pictures or video of the accident or scene
- Get medical treatment immediately
- Names and contact information for anyone you have spoken to from the insurance company
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced motorcycle accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Wages
- Lost Earning Capacity
- Rehabilitation and Therapy
- Physical and/or Mental Impairment
- Special Equipment to Accommodate Disability
- Medical Bills
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death/Funeral Expenses
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
How Much Is My Decatur AL Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
The value of your claim depends on your injuries and insurance coverage available to cover the claim. The factors that could affect your payout include:
- How the accident happened.
- Insurance coverage of the at fault driver and your underinsured/uninsured coverage.
- Assets of the liable party.
- If you contributed to the collision.
- The severity of your injuries amd medical bills.
- Impairment ratings and long term effects of crash.
- Wages, subrogation, bills and other expenses.
- Medical bills, including future treatment and care costs.
- Lost income and benefits if they missed work
- Diminished earning capacity.
- Property damages.
- Pain and suffering and scarring.
Wrongful Death Compensation After a Decatur Alabama Motorcycle Accident
Alabama’s wrongful death statute, Ala. Code § 6-5-410, is punitive only. You can only recover punitive damages, not damages for pain and suffering. If your loved one passed from their motorcycle accident in Decatur or Morgan County, Alabama, we can help.
How Can We Help Prove Your Case?
After your initial consultation, we will do the folllowing:
- Get the police report.
- Talk to witnesses.
- Go to the scene of the accident and look for videos and witnesses.
- Take witness statements.
- Talk to experts.
- Gather physical evidence.
- Send for all of yourrepair bills, medical records and bills.
- Make an offer to settle your case.
- If the case cannot be settled, we will prepare the lawsuit and proceed to court.
It is important for an experienced, qualified trial attorney, who understands Alabama motorcycle accidents, to review your case. Our desire and goal in any motorcycle case we accept is to see that our clients are compensated justly for their injuries or the loss of a family member. We fight for our clients rights’ and have successfully recovered millions of dollars in past cases. Our Decatur, Alabama motorcycle attorneys are ready to work for you. If you would like to know more about your rights and options after a serious motorcycle accident, contact us for a free consultation. Remember under Ala. Code § 6-2-38, you usually only have up to two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Exceptions do exist, though, so you may have less time. Our Decatur, Alabama motorcycle accident law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us now. Call 256-350-7200.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street NE
Decatur, AL 35601
We can help no matter what city and town in the State of Alabama.