NASHVILLE TN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Nashville, Tennessee motorcycle accident lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson dedicate and focus their legal practice on individuals who have suffered serious personal injury and families of loved ones who have died as a result of another’s negligence. Our motorcycle attorneys specialize in complex injuries such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, burn injuries and all other serious and catastrophic injuries. Our team of Nashville motorcycle accident attorneys prepare, research and investigate every case. Together, Ferguson & Ferguson has more than 50 years of collective experience. Call 256-534-3435.
Nashville, Tennessee motorcycle accidents and trucking accidents are common both on the interstates and on local city streets. Nashville is right in the middle of one of the most traveled trucking corridors in the country. Many travelers and truckers from the north travel the corridor from Nashville to Birmingham to south Alabama or into Florida, or the Nashville or Chattanooga route through Atlanta to the coast. Busy interstates in Nashville and Atlanta process hundreds of thousands of vehicles per day and see numerous trucking, automobile, and motorcycle accidents each day. The interstates are some of the busiest interstates in the country and process more than 250,000 vehicles each day. Many of these motorcycles, trucking, tractor trailer and semi accidents are caused by weather conditions, distracted drivers, speeding drivers, drunk drivers, fatigued drivers and aggressive drivers. Many of the motorcycle accidents cause significant injuries or deaths.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Nashville
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle accidents in Tennessee. There are various causes of a Nashville motorcycle crash including:
- Unsafe lane changes. A driver risks colliding with a motorcyclist when he or she fails to check his or her blind spot or signal when changing lanes.
- Car doors. Some motorcycle accidents occur when a driver opens the door of their parked vehicle in the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Speeding. A leading cause of all types of auto accidents, speeding reduces a vehicle’s chance of seeing and reacting to other drivers in time to prevent a collision. The higher the speed, the greater the impact and the more severe the consequences.
- Driving under the influence. Drivers who cause accidents because they were driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs may face both civil and criminal liability.
- Lane splitting. Driving between two lanes of traffic is called “lane splitting.” This practice is not legal in Florida and is especially dangerous for inexperienced riders.
- Sudden stops. Rear-end accidents resulting from following too closely or an abrupt stop can result in serious injury or death to a motorcyclist.
- Inexperienced drivers. Inexperienced drivers are likely to make unsafe moves on the road that could compromise the safety of other motorists.
- Left turn accidents. Right of way errors or misjudgments of distance while making a left turn are common causes of injury and death to motorcycle riders.
- Dangerous road conditions. Crumbling pavement, potholes, debris, and a lack of necessary signals and signs can all increase a motorcycle rider’s chances of losing control of his or her vehicle.
- Motorcycle defects. The manufacturer of a poorly designed or manufactured motorcycle part can be held liable for any injuries or deaths arising from use of the defective part.
- Driver fatigue.
- Weather and road conditions.
What to do After A Nashville Motorcycle Accident
- Relocate Persons: If you are not in need of immediate medical attention, move everyone you can to a point of safety using your best judgment. Do not attempt to move a victim forcibly if their injuries prevent relocation.
- Call 911 and the Police: Once situated in a safe place, dial 911 immediately for an emergency response team to be dispatched.
- Gather Information: This includes driver’s license, vehicle registration, insurance provider and policy number, as well as license plate numbers.
- Identify Witnesses: Gather the personal information of any witnesses to the motorcycle accident. In addition, secure written statements detailing everything they observed.
- Pictures and videos: Take pictures of the motorcycle accident site. Be mindful of the aspects which will be altered or disappear once response teams arrive. Note the weather and road conditions, location of the accident, and the positioning of vehicles.
- Do not talk to insurance adjusters or give recorded statements
- Notify insurance company
- Get medical treatment
- Hire an attorney
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced motorcycle accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- Locations near you.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
How We Can Help You
When you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Nashville, Tennessee that was caused by another person’ or company’s negligent actions, you need an accident attorney you can trust to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Our Nashville motorcycle lawyers understand the types of compensation you may be entitled to for your injuries or a loved one’s wrongful death. We fight for our Nashville clients rights’ and have successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars in past motorcycle cases. Our Nashville attorneys are available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are unable to travel due to your injury, we can make arrangements to visit you at your home or hospital. Call now. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street NE
Decatur, AL 35601