Every day hundreds of drivers in Alabama are involved in collisions. Most of those drivers have no idea what to do after an accident. Do they call for help after an accident? And, who would they call? Before you or a loved one has an accident in Alabama, you should know how to avoid common mistakes made by other car accident victims. These mistakes are very common and very easy to make. Mistakes made by the victims in the aftermath of an accident are common across the country, including in nevada car accidents. Of course, laws are different in each of our great states so the location of your accident decides which law firm you should go to. This is because a lawyer from Oklahoma has knowledge of the laws specific to that state, not others like Alabama. Therefore, if you have an accident you should go to someone like Hasbrook & Hasbrook. Wherever you’re located, you should always call a law firm first, instead of attempting to deal with it yourselves. Clients often call us frustrated after they have attempted to handle it themselves. Just avoiding these mistakes will increase your chances of successfully recovering in your Alabama case. If you have been injured in a car accident, please contact us today for a no obligation, FREE consultation. We can talk to you on the phone or if you are unable to come to our Decatur or Huntsville office, we also offer home and hospital room consultations. We also offer the only Lowest Fee Guarantee in Alabama. Call now. Call 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. We are here to help.
Common Mistakes Made by Accident Victims
If you have been injured in a car accident, you are not dealing with an individual, you are dealing with an insurance company. Do not ruin your case by doing the following:
- Giving a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster. They are not interviewing you to help you. They do hundreds of interviews, and are watching out for their company’s best interest.
- Taking a quick settlement check before you no the severity of your injuries. If you cash the check, you have lost your right to recover later on.
- Signing any document for the insurance company, including HIPPA forms, without consulting with an attorney.
- Failing to get the proper medical care and treatment for your injuries. Waiting to get medical care endangers your health and the true value of your case. If you can’t afford treatment, hospitals cannot refuse treatment. Do not skip appointments.
- Getting too much or unneeded treatment. Going to doctors too much or doctor shopping can hurt your case. Go to a reputable doctor and follow their orders. Do not rely on pain pills for treatment.
- Going to a doctor or chiropractor who has a side deal with your lawyer. We are constantly hearing about certain television and billboard attorneys sending many if not all of their clients to certain chiropractors who send them for diagnostic tests paid for by out of state companies. These attorneys have deals cut with chiropractors, funding companies, diagnostic centers and facilities to provide free treatment until the case settles. Insurance companies and their adjusters are not stupid, and they know which television and billboard attorneys are running these injury mill type treatment scams. An attorney or your family doctor doing a legitimate referral is fine, as long as their is no secret deal with your attorney.
- Hiring an attorney based on a cheesy television ad or billboard. Attorneys are not better because they advertise on television or on billboards. When you hire an attorney, you should know who you are hiring, and who really is handling your case. Many of the television and billboard attorneys do not handle cases, and only refer you to someone else in their firm or someone they have an agreement with to handle cases. Read reviews and research attorneys before you hire anyone. If the attorney does not talk to you on the phone before he is hired, you can bet they will never talk to you or return your calls after they are hired. Insurance adjusters watch television and see billboards, and they know the difference between an attorney that handles injury cases, and attorneys that only advertise they handle injury cases. Which one do you want on your side?
- Posting pictures, videos and other information on social media.
- Failing to get a free consultation. There is no reason to not take advantage of a free consultation. If you have a bad case or a good case, it is better to be told now before its too late.
Alabama Car Crash Attorney
If you were involved in an auto accident, you should talk to an attorney as soon as possible. Our car accident attorneys are experienced Huntsville auto accident lawyers who are prepared to review your case. Please call our office at (256)534-3435 now. We can help.