Decatur Roofing Accident Attorney
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Whether your working on a ladder, roof, or scaffolding, a fall can result in serious injuries or death. Over 2.3 million employees in the construction industry regularly work on scaffolding according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Over 4500 workers suffer serious injuries each year in scaffolding accidents, many of which are fatal. If you were injured or have lost a loved one in a scaffolding, ladder or roofing accident, schedule a free consultation with Randy W. Ferguson today. We offer a no obligation, FREE CONSULTATION on all scaffolding, ladder and roofing accident cases. If you are unable to come to our Decatur or Huntsville office, we also offer home and hospital room consultations. We also offer the only Lowest Fee Guarantee in Alabama. Call now. Call 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. We can help.
If you are injured in a scaffolding, ladder or roofing accident you may file a workers compensation claim against your employer. You may also be able to file a claim against a third party other than your employer. The scaffolding manufacturer, the building owner, another contractor or sub- contractor may have caused your accident. If someone you love was injured or killed due to a scaffolding, ladder or roofing accident you may have a valid claim that requires the help of an experienced construction accident attorney. Faulty equipment can also be responible for an accident, so it is important that you get your Rolling Ladders and other equipment from a reputable service, ensuring that you can work in safety and not worry.
Causes of Scaffolding, Ladder and Roofing Accidents
When the rules are not followed, construction workers are at an increased risk for injuries from scaffolding, ladders and roofs because of:
- No safety ropes or harnesses
- No guard rails
- No side brackets
- No base plate
- Plank failure
- Missing parts
- Broken scaffolding
- Scaffolding collapse
- Scaffolding failure
- Slippery scaffolding
- Unstable scaffolding
- Loose scaffolding.
- Scaffolding is not assembled correctly
- Scaffolding is not secured correctly
- Scaffolding is assembled without proper handrails or guards
- Scaffolding is not properly maintained
- Tools or construction material falling from the scaffolding
- Scaffolding is not properly tested.
Potential Injuries from Scaffolding Accidents
Injuries sustained from scaffolding, ladder and roofing accidents will almost always interfere with your ability to work for some time. Some of the more common injuries caused by scaffolding, ladder, and roofing accidents are:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back injuries
- Neck and head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
Scaffolding Safety Tips
The following are general rules for scaffolds and ladders:
- All scaffold structures should be inspected at least daily by the responsible person designated by the job superintendent.
- No change of any kind should be made to a scaffold without approval.
- The scaffold should be cleared of all debris daily.
- No excess materials should be stockpiled on a scaffold or ladder.
- Notices regarding the use of scaffolds should be conspicuously displayed and observed.
- Scaffolds and ladders should be protected from trucks and other vehicles which might come into contact with them.
- Working platforms of the scaffold should be free of ice, snow, oil, and other slippery substances before being used.
- Safety meetings should be held daily.
- All harnesses, ropes and safety equipment should be used.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a scaffolding, ladder, roofing or equipment accident on a construction site, call for a free consultation today. The trial attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson, have over 50 years of combined experience representing clients injured in construction site and scaffolding accidents. If you or a loved have been injured while working at a jobsite, you and your family may be entitled to recover from a third party or workers compensation carrier for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and loss of income. Call 256-534-3435 now. We can help.