FALKVILLE AL MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
If you have been injured, you need an attorney who understands what you’re going through. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Falkville, Alabama, get the legal help and aggressive advocacy you need with representation from Ferguson & Ferguson, Morgan County’s premier motorcycle personal injury law firm. Alabama motorcycle accident attorney Randy W. Ferguson and his firm are recognized as Alabama’s premiere motorcycle accident law firm. When a motorist causes an accident by failing to drive safely or ignoring ordinary traffic laws, it is not fair to burden the victim with the losses that follow from his or her injuries. Rather, those losses, as well as the victim’s pain and suffering, should be borne by the motorist who caused the accident. Together, Falkville injury attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have more than 50 years of collective experience. Call 256-534-3435. We can help.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Falkville
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle accidents in Alabama. There are various causes of a Falkville motorcycle crash including:
- Driver fatigue: Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sleep deprivation has an effect on driving similar to impaired driving. Slow reaction time, ability to make sound decisions and falling asleep behind the wheel are signs of sleep-deprived driving.
- Weather and road conditions: The seasons bring challenges to roadways across the country. Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving. Additionally, poor road conditions contribute to accidents because drivers have less time to slow down to prevent a crash.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Alabama.
- Intersection accidents. Drivers running red lights or making illegal turns at intersections.
- Sudden stops
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Following are some examples of the types of motorcycle accidents that may occur:
- Rear-end collisions
- U-turn accidents
- Left-turn collisions
- Obstructions on roadways or hazardous roads
- Accidents caused by defective motorcycle parts
- Head on collisions
Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents result in very serious injuries to the biker and passenger. The most common resulting injures include:
- Closed head/traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Broken bones and Fractures
- Back injuries
- Shoulder and arm njuries
- Neck injuries
- Knee injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injury
- Road Rash
- Psychological damage
What to do After A Falkville Motorcycle Accident
- Remain at the scene
- Render medical assistance if possible
- Exchange driver and insurance information with the other driver or drivers involved
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number, and driver’s license number of any and all witnesses.
- Call 911 to report the accident, and give a statement to the police when they arrive on the scene
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Do not give any statements to the insurance company or even discuss this situation with the other driver’s insurance company before consulting a lawyer
- If possible take pictures at the scene and get the information of any witnesses; this may prove valuable later in your claim or lawsuit
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced motorcycle accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Statistics reveal that riders involved in motorcycle accidents stand a higher probability of injury or death than other types of on road vehicles such as cars or trucks. These 2017 statistics reveal the dangers of a car or truck colliding into a motor bike:
- In 2017, U. S. statistics revealed that over 5,000 riders suffered death and roughly 90,000 were injured.
Of those killed in 2017, 90% were operators and 10% were passengers on the bike.
- Riders are 10 times more likely to be harmed in a motorcycle accident than drivers or passengers traveling in a standard vehicle.
- Fatalities among riders in 2017 showed to be 30 times more frequent than deaths in standard vehicles and 5 times more frequently injured.
- Roughly 50% of rider deaths occurred with those at least 40 years old and up.
- Crashes involving 57% of motorcycle rider deaths occurred during the daytime hours. 38% of deaths occurred in the dark at night, with 4% at dusk and 1% at dawn.
- 40% of riders who lost their lives in the U. S. did not have a helmet on.
- Only 33% of crashes took place at an intersection, while a large 67% took place where there was no intersecting street.
How Much is my Case Worth?
There is no “average” Alabama motorcycle accident settlement. Every motorcycle accident claim is completely different and based upon a number of factors. Your settlement amount will be determined by your injuries, treatment, medical bills, lost wages and permanent injuries.
Our top-rated Alabama motorcycle accident lawyers can help you if you or a passenger was injured while riding a motorcycle. We fight for our motorcycle accident clients rights’ and have successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars in past motorcycle cases. Our Falkville, Alabama motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to work for you. If you would like to know more about your rights and options after a serious accident, contact us for a free consultation. Our Falkville accident law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can visit you at your home, hospital or our office. Call now. Call 256-534-3435.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Decatur Office Location:
211 Oak Street NE
Decatur, AL 35601
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Near Me
Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me
Best Motorcycle Accident Attorney Near Me
We can help no matter what city and town in the State of Alabama.